Patch Notes v2.8
PlayStation: March 31
Xbox: March 31
Steam: March 31
Hey there, Avengers!
Update 2.8 is the final content update for Marvel’s Avengers. Official support will end on September 30, 2023. For more questions about our end-of-support plans for Marvel’s Avengers, please see our End-of-Support Q&A.
Before we get into the Patch Notes though, we have two special videos to share with you.
- The Marketplace has been unlocked! What does this mean?
- Nearly all MCU- and non-MCU-inspired Outfits, Emotes, Takedowns, and Nameplates are now automatically available on your Hero Card.
- Items that are earned through the campaign, however, or purchased through the Cosmetic Vendor must be earned or purchased, respectively, as they always have been.
- Both the Shipments system and Hero Challenge Cards have both been completely removed from the game. Items that were previously earnable from Shipments and Hero Challenge Cards are included in the hundreds of Marketplace items that are automatically granted when you update to v2.8.
- You do not need to be connected to the internet to be able to access all of the unlocked Marketplace content after updating to v2.8.
- As a thank-you to players who’ve been with us on the journey, we’re granting a special Founder’s Gift – Iron Man’s ‘Variable Threat Response Battle Suit.’ This Outfit will be automatically granted to any player who has earned at least one Trophy/Achievement before April 1.
- All existing Credits balances have been converted to in-game resources. The chart below breaks down that conversion. For questions regarding your balance conversion, please contact our Support team at: http://support.crystald.com/
- Owned Hero’s Catalysts and Fragment Extractors have been completely removed from the game. In their place, there is now a permanent 1.5x multiplier on Fragments earned and XP gained.
- There will be a small hotfix, Update 2.8.1, that goes live on April 4 to address a Known Issue. (This issue is detailed in the Patch Notes.)
REASSEMBLE CAMPAIGN & AVENGERS INITIATIVE
- Friendly fire! AI Companions will no longer target Kate Bishop’s Decoy when it is deployed during certain boss encounters.
- We fixed an exploit where the Winter Soldier could activate the heavy intrinsic attack ‘Blast Zone’ as a heavy dodge attack if ‘Vengeful Ghost’ was not a purchased skill.
- Banter between Jane and Bucky, which wasn’t activating for some players, now triggers when intended.
- We fixed an issue where Black Panther’s ‘Kinetic Boom’ skill was not increasing the damage of ‘Panther’s Dive.’
- Thor’s ‘Rampant Supercharge’ perk now functions properly when ‘Warrior’s Fury’ is activated.
- Hawkeye’s ‘Rocket Arrow’ wasn’t initiating for some players when the ‘Volatile Rockets’ skill was activated, but the ‘Rocket Arrow’ now activates, as intended.
- Switching gun types at the start of a charge animation no longer prevents the Winter Soldier from executing ranged power attacks.
- You are no longer able to use the Winter Soldier’s ‘Press the Charge’ skill without having first acquired it.
- The Mighty Thor’s gear perk ‘Divine Blast Assistance’ now applies intrinsic overload to teammates, as intended.
- The Winter Soldier’s ‘Lethal Rampant Plasma Boost’ perk now grants nanites when intended.
- Ms. Marvel’s ‘Ultimate Lethal Cryo Administrator’ gear perk now applies the correct number of Cryo charges to allies.
- The Ultimate Lethal Plasma Administrator gear perk now grants charges when defeating an enemy on the initial hit.
- The Winter Soldier’s ‘Reactive Gamma Administrator’ gear perk now grants the correct number of charges to allies when using ‘Soldier’s Generosity.’
- Similarly, we fixed the Winter Soldier’s ‘Reactive Gamma Administrator’ perk so that it grants charges, as intended, to allies for hitting enemies with ‘Bloodletting.’
- Both the Winter Soldier’s ‘Cryo-’ and ‘Plasma Administrator’ perks now grant charges to allies.
- Ms. Marvel’s ‘Polymorph Counter Spike’ perk now increases Critical Attack Damage, as intended.
- Kate Bishop’s ‘Explosive Blast Frenzy’ perk now increases the firing speed of explosive arrows, as intended.
- We fixed an issue with Heroes and invisibility where completing a takedown would enable enemy attacks on the player while the invisibility effect was active. That’s not how invisibility works!
GEAR & REWARDS
- Endgame Mission Rewards (Both OLTs and Raid)
- Superior gear can now be obtained from every completion, not just the weekly rotation.
- Family Reunion and both versions of the Discordant Sound raid now grant up to PL 165 gear.
- Events and Cloning Lab now provide a path to PL 175 gear.
- Gear Upgrading – PL 165 to PL 175
- Resources required to bring a piece of gear from the old PL cap to the new PL cap has been reduced.
- Upgrade module cost is now capped at 150 per upgrade within this range.
- Dismantling exotic gear returns 100 upgrade modules. 50 are returned from legendary gear.
- Nanite charges from Cloning Lab gear now apply status damage via heavy melee attacks. Status build-up has been increased.
- Cooldowns reduced for major artifact active effects.
- Exotic artifact stat scaling improved.
- The Winter Soldier’s skill icons now display properly in the Hero Terminal.
- JARVIS is back online! The Cloning Lab gear reward charges were not always appearing on the HUD when defeating enemies, but charges now display properly.
- Lorem oop-sum! We replaced the placeholder text that appears in Captain America’s ‘Vanguard Charge’ skill with the correct description.
- We repositioned Hawkeye’s Heroic Mission Chain reward icon to appear in the correct place.
ART & ANIMATION
- When wearing his “Wasteland Warrior” Outfit, Hulk’s right shoulder no longer tears during gameplay.
- The Winter Soldier’s gun no longer clips through his armor during gameplay.
- The Winter Soldier’s muzzle flash VFX now display properly when executing takedowns on dreadbots during multiplayer sessions.
- There’s a glitch in the multiverse! The Mighty Thor now uses the correct Mjolnir when activating her Ultimate while wearing her MCU-inspired Outfit.
- Cap’s shield can do many things, but invisibility is not one of them! We fixed an issue where Captain America’s shield would disappear momentarily when using the ‘Looking Sharp’ emote.
- We fixed an issue where the Winter Soldier’s rifle would appear, stuck to his hand, during several interactions on the Helicarrier (including the interaction with Mjolnir).
- Similarly, the Winter Soldier’s rifle no longer attaches to random props when performing various emotes.
- We adjusted The Mighty Thor’s ‘Unhelmed’ Outfit mesh so that the Outfit displays the correct hair color.
- Bucky’s legs no longer distort or experience clipping with Cap’s shield when using the ‘Passing the Mantle’ emote.
- Captain America’s shield now reseats on his arm properly when activating his intrinsic ability while vaulting.
- Faction Terminal Missions and Assignments will not be completable from 12 p.m. UTC to 5 p.m. local time. This will be fixed in an upcoming hotfix, Update 2.8.1, which launches on April 4.
- Like both Captain America and the Winter Soldier, Black Panther can now activate an accelerated sprint by activating his Panther Cowl defensive ability when traversing with sprint. No intrinsic is spent on use, but the meter must not be empty.
- Black Panther’s Formidable Opponent intrinsic ability upgrade now reduces the amount of intrinsic meter depleted when attempting to block or failing to parry a strong or unblockable attack from 50% to 65%.
- Captain America’s Assault Heroic Ability, ‘Steamroller,’ has received an update to its specializations and itemization.
- Specialization ‘Concussive Strike’ has been combined with the Tide Breaker specialization. Tide Breaker now deals 25% increased Heroic Attack and Stun damage on both the initial attack and follow-up attack.
- Specialization ‘Concussive Strike’ has been replaced with ‘I Can Do This All Day.’ ‘I Can Do This All Day’ temporarily provides unlimited Shield Block energy upon activating Steamroller. Allowing near infinite offensive and defensive Intrinsic opportunities while the buff is active.
- Specialization ‘Second Wind’ now has a chance to drop Regen packs on hit instead of on enemy defeat. Tougher enemies have a higher chance to drop Regen Packs—allowing this specialization to have a more active effect in endgame encounters.
- Specialization ‘Vanguard Charge’ now has a chance to drop Heroic Orbs on hit instead of on enemy defeat. Tougher enemies have a higher chance to drop Heroic Orbs—allowing this specialization to have a more active effect in endgame encounters.
- Specialization ‘Everyday Hero’ now has a chance to drop Intrinsic Orbs on hit instead of on enemy defeat. Tougher enemies have a higher chance to drop Intrinsic Orbs—allowing this specialization to have a more active effect in endgame encounters.
- ‘Steamroller’ will now apply Status Damage unlocked through Gear Perks on Ranged Attacks.
- Kate Bishop’s base Overcharge duration on ‘Quantum Surge’ has been increased from 5 seconds to 10 seconds.
- We’ve fixed various fidelity glitches and performance issues with Kate Bishop’s ‘Decoy’ Heroic Ability commonly experienced during combat, including vanishing arrows and animation misalignments.
- To bring Kate Bishop’s Heroic Gameplay and Gear Itemization into balance, ‘Quantum Overdrive’ now incorporates all equipped Status Effect gear perks into the Heroic Buff. Quantum Arrows, Charged Quantum Arrows, and the Quantum Energy Bolts now inherit all Status Effect damage applied by Razor Arrows, Scatter Shot Arrows, or Explosive Arrows. Additionally, all Lightweight and Heavyweight Status Effect gear perks now applies Status Effect on Quantum Scythe projectiles when activating Combo Finishers.
- Hulk’s ‘Bounding Jump’ may now be activated from a standing jump and without holding forward. This should allow easier traversal reaching platforms directly above Hulk without repositioning.
- Hulk’s tolerance to enemy attacks has increased while grabbing enemies. Hulk will continue to hold on to grabbed enemies when struck with lighter attacks but will drop enemies on attacks with stronger reactions.
- We’ve reviewed Energy Costs on all Iron Man attacks using Repulsors, Lasers, and Rockets and have heavily scaled these numbers down to improve Iron Man’s intrinsic economy during combat. We’ve detailed the changes as followed.
- All Repulsor Energy Costs have been reduced by 75%.
- All Laser Energy Costs have been reduced by 60%.
- All Rocket Energy Costs have been reduced by 50%.
- The Repulsor Efficiency ranged specialization has been increased from 10% to 25%.
- The Laser Efficiency ranged specialization has been increased from 10% to 20%.
- The Rocket Efficiency ranged specialization has been increased from 10% to 15%.
- Iron Man’s ‘Afterburner’ Skill now remains active once held and released, like sprint. This decision to change the action to a toggle should increase the quality of life for our console players—increasing its maneuverability both in and out of combat. In line with the new updates, the intrinsic cost of these abilities has been removed as well.
- Ms. Marvel’s immunity to Knockdown and Knockback has been boosted and should now resist interruption from more impactful enemy attacks.
- All Bosses may now receive Web Damage from Spider-Man. Webbed Bosses are not restrained when webbed and can’t stick to ceilings or walls. However, all skills and gear perks that enhance attacks and damage against webbed targets can now activate on any webbed Bosses.
Thor & Mighty Thor
- Both Thors’ ‘Speed Burst’ Skills now remain active once held and released, like sprint. This decision to change the action to a toggle should increase the quality of life for our console players—increasing its maneuverability both in and out of combat. In line with the new updates, the intrinsic cost of these abilities has been removed as well.