1. Will I have to sign up for a Square Enix Members account to play the BETA?
Yes, everyone who plays the BETA will need to log into a Free Square Enix Members account. If you’re interested in the BETA, we recommend you go to https://membership.square-enix.com/users/sign_in and sign up early to ensure you’re all set the moment you download it. We also use the Square Enix Members account to deliver post-launch goodies, like new heroes, new missions, and new regions at no additional cost. A Square Enix Members account is not required to play the full game – only for co-op.
2. Do I need PlayStation Plus to play the BETA on PS4?
No, you do not need PlayStation Plus to play the BETA on PS4.
3. Do I need Xbox Live Gold to play the BETA on Xbox One?
No, you do not need Xbox Live Gold to play the BETA on Xbox One. While a Gold subscription is required for online co-op play, all other BETA content is available. Please head here to activate an Xbox Live Gold account: https://www.xbox.com/en-gb/live/gold
4. Do I need Steam to play the BETA on PC?
Yes, Steam is required to play the Marvel’s Avengers BETA on PC. Please head here to download Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/
5. How much content is in the BETA?
The BETA includes 4 Hero Missions that are part of the Campaign, 3 HARM Room challenges, 4 War Zones, and 5 Drop Zones. The 4 Hero Missions are The Light that Failed, To Find Olympia, Missing Links, and Help Dr. Banner. Two of them include boss fights with classic Marvel villains.
6. Are there rewards for participating in the BETA?
There are 2 nameplates that you can earn from the BETA that will carry over to the full game. Nameplates are cosmetic pieces you can equip to your in-game profile. You can earn one of these nameplates by participating in the BETA and the other by completing the 3 HARM Room Challenges. The Nameplates will appear in your game when you tie it to your Square Enix Members account at launch.
7. How long does the BETA run? When does it end?
Please see the table below for who has access to the BETA and when. When it says Pre-Ordered Only, it means that timeframe of the BETA is only available to those who have pre-ordered on that specific platform. When it says Everyone, that is for anyone who has that respective platform and downloads the BETA.
8. What time does the BETA begin and end?
The BETA will begin at 9:00 PM on Fridays at each respective time zone and end at 9:00 PM on Sundays. Pre-load will begin the day before each Beta Weekend starts.
Logistics and Access
1. Where can I pre-order the game?
You can pre-order Marvel’s Avengers at playavengers.com or at your local retail or platform specific digital store.
2. How can we provide feedback?
Send your feedback to our social channels or to our customer service team.
- Twitter: twitter.com/playavengers
- Facebook: facebook.com/playavengersgame
- Instagram: Instagram.com/playavengers
- Reddit: reddit.com/r/MarvelAvengersProject
3. I pre-ordered Marvel’s Avengers, but I don’t have a BETA code. Where do I find it?
If you pre-ordered a digital copy, you should immediately have access to the Beta after you download it from your respective platform’s store.
If you pre-ordered a physical copy, you will have received a pre-order code from participating retailers.
Visit https://avengers.crystald.com/redeem to redeem that pre-order code.
You will need to log in or register for a free Square Enix Members account in order to do so.
If you have not received a pre-order code for your physical purchase, please contact your retailer.
Once you have registered your pre-order code, the Beta code for the platform you chose will be emailed to the email address that is tied to your Square Enix Members account. You will also be able to view the Beta code by logging into https://avengers.crystald.com/redeem using the Square Enix Members Account you used to redeem the pre-order code.
Please note that the Beta codes might not be available immediately, but you will receive it in time for the Beta, if you registered your pre-order code.
4. How do I get access to the Marvel’s Avengers BETA?
You need to pre-order Marvel’s Avengers to access the Pre-Order BETA. All PS4, XB1, and PC players can get the Open BETA for free on their respective platform (see above for BETA dates).
If you pre-ordered a physical copy, you will have received a pre-order code from your participating retailer that you need to redeem first to receive your BETA code. Visit https://avengers.crystald.com/redeem to redeem that pre-order code.
You will need to log in or register for a free Square Enix Members account in order to do so.
If you have not received a pre-order code for your physical purchase, please contact your retailer..
If you pre-ordered a digital copy, you will have access to it once you download it from your respective platform’s store. If you cannot download the Beta following a digital purchase, please contact your platform’s customer support.
5. If I pre-order now or while the Pre-Order BETA is live, can I still get access to the BETA?
Yes, if you pre-order while the Pre-Order BETA is live, you will have access to the remaining time and forthcoming BETA weekends.
6. Which languages will be supported during the BETA?
- Spanish (SPAIN)
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Mexican Spanish
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
7. On which platforms is the BETA available?
The BETA will be available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam. PS4 players will be able to play the BETA early. The BETA will not be on Stadia.
8. Where/how do I redeem by BETA access?
Once you have the code, you’ll head to your respective platform’s redeem code function.
- PlayStation: Go to the PlayStation Store, then select Redeem Codes on the panel on the left.
- Xbox: Press the Xbox Button, select Home, select Store, then select Use a Code.
- Steam: Launch the Steam client, click the Games Menu, select Activate a Product on Steam
9. Can I stream the BETA?
Yes, you can stream during the BETA. We’ll also have a streaming kit available for those who want to download it. Keep an eye out for it!
1. Will my progress in the BETA transfer over to the full game?
The only thing that will transfer over to the full game is the two exclusive nameplates. Everything else including character progress, story progress, gear, etc. will not be transferred over.
2. Will purchases I make during the BETA transfer over to the full game?
No, the purchases made in BETA are made with gifted currency and do not carry over to the full game.
3. Will my gathered resources and crafted items transfer over to the full game?
No, resources and gear will not be transferred over to the full game.
4. Is there cross-play?
No, the BETA does not support cross-play between platforms.
5. Will progress be saved in between BETA weekends?
Yes, if you played the BETA on August 7, your progression carries over to August 14 and August 21. However, aside from the two exclusive nameplates, one earned by participating in the BETA and the other earned by completing all 3 HARM Room Challenges, no progress from the BETA transfers over to the full game once it launches.
1. Will the BETA be available to pre-load (download before the BETA begins?)
Yes, those eligible for each BETA Weekend can pre-load the day before. Please keep an eye out on our social channels for specific timing.
2. Will there be an Open BETA?
Yes, the Open BETA for PlayStation 4 players will take place on August 14-16 and August 21-23. The Open BETA for Xbox One and PC players via Steam will take place on August 21-23.
3. Is the Open BETA free?
Yes, all PS4, XB1, and PC players via Steam can get the Open BETA for free on their respective platform.
4. Isn’t it too late to have a beta? Our feedback won’t have time to get integrated into the game by the time it ships!
Not at all. The beta will give us tons of invaluable data about game balance as well as metrics regarding multiplayer and server performance. In addition, your feedback will help us shape the game as it grows. The beta program is super important to us and we hope you’ll participate!
1. Can I purchase cosmetics during the BETA?
Cosmetics are available to acquire as part of progression or with a gifted amount of in-game currency. No store transactions can be made with real money during the BETA.
2. Can I wear cosmetics during the BETA?
Yes, there are dozens of cosmetics to acquire and show off during the BETA.
3. Will I be able to gather resources and upgrade gear during the BETA?
Yes, various resources are gathered from chests, completing missions, and throughout War Zones and Drop Zones. Gear can be upgraded using resources, which is vital in strengthening each playable Hero.
4. Which Super Heroes can I play in the BETA?
You are able to play as Ms. Marvel, Hulk, Iron Man, and Black Widow. You can also play Thor and Captain America in the tutorial Golden Gate Bridge Hero Mission, but you can only do so once unless you re-install the BETA.
5. Why aren’t Thor and Captain America playable in War Zones during the BETA?
Thor and Captain America are briefly playable in the introductory mission atop the Golden Gate Bridge called The Light That Failed. The Beta is a preview of what to expect with the full game, including the playable characters. Iron Man, Hulk, Black Widow, and Ms. Marvel highlight the multiple ways you can tackle a War Zone, each with their own different playstyles that will provide a deep experience with customization during the Beta.
6. How much of the campaign can I play in the BETA?
Yes, we’ve selected 4 Campaign Hero Missions to be playable in the BETA to give you a sample of the Marvel’s Avengers story. Character progress, story progress, gear, etc. will not be transferred over to the final game when Marvel’s Avengers launches on September 4.
7. Can I play War Zones and Drop Zones in the BETA?
Yes, there are 4 War Zones and 5 Drop Zones. Each of these can be tackled solo with AI companions or with team of up to four players.
8. Will I be able to use nameplates/exclusive in-game items during the BETA?
Each BETA participant can unlock 2 exclusive nameplates that can be equipped both in the BETA and carried over to the main game at launch. These 2 specific nameplates are the only rewards that carry over the full retail game. You unlock one of them just by participating in the BETA and you’ll unlock the other by completing all 3 HARM Room Challenges.
9. Will I have access to all Skills and Skill Trees?
There will only be a limited amount of Skills available for the playable Heroes in the BETA. When Marvel’s Avengers launches on September 4, players will be able to customize each Super Hero in their roster via unlockable Skills and Skill Trees that improve melee combat, ranged combat, traversal, Intrinsic Abilities, and Heroics.
10. What is a HARM Room?
A HARM Room (Holographic Augmented Reality Machine) is a holographic training room where you can practice playing with each available Hero.
11. What is a Drop Zone?
Drop Zones are short missions with a single objective, such as defeating a High Value Target or sabotaging a critical AIM facility.
12. What is a War Zone?
War Zones are types of missions that range from sprawling cities to dense forests, and can be played with up to 4 players or solo with a group of A.I. teammates. We broke down War Zones extensively in a past PlayStation Blog, which we highly recommend you check out. There will be 5 BETA War Zones to play, filled to the brim with human and robotic AIM baddies to beat. In the full game, War Zone missions can range in duration from as short as 10 minutes to around 2 hours in length.
13. Is Hero Level and Power Level capped in the BETA?
Yes, a Hero Level of 15 and a Power Level of 45 is attainable in the BETA.
14. Are the Hero Missions reflective of the start of the full game?
While the missions themselves are reflective of the gameplay in the final game, in the BETA, missions are not sequential and we have removed the cinematics to protect various story elements.
1. Can I play online co-op War Zones with my friends in the BETA?
Yes, you have access to 3 HARM challenges, 4 War Zones and 5 Drop Zones, each of which can be played in co-op with friends on the same platform – cross-play is not supported in Marvel’s Avengers.
2. Can I invite my friends to a team if they have access to the BETA?
Yes, you will be able to invite up to 3 friends to a team in War Zone and Drop Zone missions.
3. Is co-op War Zones matchmaking available in the BETA?
Yes, matchmaking will be available in the BETA. Once you have access to War Zones, you can turn on matchmaking in the Quinjet interface before you head off to a War Zone or Drop Zone mission.
4. If I’m level 1 and my friend is level 15, can we still play together?
Yes, you will be able to play together if your levels are different.
5. Can I play the Pre-order BETA with friends who didn’t pre-order the game?
No, only those who pre-ordered Marvel’s Avengers will have access to the Pre-Order BETA, but you can play with anyone on your respective platform once the Open BETA starts.
6. Can I play with the development team during the BETA?
The development team will be playing during the BETA, but it’s up to each individual if they want to disclose their identity.
7. Can we have multiples of the same Super Hero in one team?
No, there can only be one of each Hero in your team, allowing you to draw out each of the heroes’ unique strengths. In the BETA, four-player teams will consist of Ms. Marvel, Hulk, Iron Man, and Black Widow.